Friday, February 19, 2010

Seven years of Peaing

As of today, I have been posting things on the website TwoPeasinaBucket.com for seven years. I remember why I signed up. I wanted to post a layout. I probably posted 10 more layouts and cards over the next year, if that.

But in 2004, I began to Pea a lot. I had run out of unemployment and decided to take a break from looking further. Don had just begun the full-time job with the Air Guard that lasted until late 2009. I didn't have much money, but I had way too much time on my hands. So, I responded to various threads on Two Peas in a Bucket. We had dial-up internet and there probably were eight pages of new threads a day, back then. It could take me two hours. It could take me all day.

I know when I finally did find a new job, after we moved to Riverside, I didn't Pea that much. When I worked for Starcrest, they usually made us work 10 hours a day. That didn't leave much free time, especially when I sometimes had to ride the bus half-way across Moreno Valley and all they way across Riverside to get home. I seem to recall being more active on a smaller message board back then.

But, another bout with unemployment in 2006, and the death of the smaller message board brought me back to Two Peas, where I have been posting actively ever since. I now have almost 15,000 posts. I also have posted almost 600 layouts, cards, and maybe a few etcs. That title would be higher, but I didn't have a scanner for about 18 months from 2007 to 2009. I received both a new scanner and my first digital camera for my birthday last year (coming up again soon) and so I've had two ways to post things since then. I post on Two Peas and here. I wonder what this blog is going to look like in seven years?

No comments:

Post a Comment