Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Winterfest creations

I ended up doing two projects for the Winterfest 2010 Challenge linked below. The first was the card I also mentioned below. I posted that card three times before I got it the way I wanted it! Here's my final attempt.



My other project was an updated layout of the "Wine" layout I posted a few posts below. I had already stamped more grapes on it with the lovely Shabby Shutters Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Now I've added some stamped flowers too. This qualified me for the "How Distressing" and "Scrap and Stamp" challenges at Winterfest.

Card directions:

1. Easy version, stamp a flower and glue it to a circular frame that's just large enough to not emcompass some of its petals. If you want to do it the hard way like me, take a small bird or heart stamp and make each one of those the petals. I used a bird, but the Masquerade Challenge at Winterfest has some cute examples with hearts too.

2. Glue that to white cardstock.

3. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock, then mount on yellow.

4. Spray Glimmer Mist on white cardstock (glossy would be fine if you want to stamp and resist something for a different background).

5. Cut your Glimmer Misted cardstock to a size slightly smaller than your card. My card is 4 x 6, so the Glimmer Mist background is now about 3 3/4 by 5 3/4.

6. Glue your flower and sentiment to the Glimmer Mist background, and the Glimmer Mist background to your card.

Layout directions:

1. Stamp grapes with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Shappy Shutters all over similar green cardstock.

2. Mount photo on white and dark green cardstock. Ink edges

3. Stamp title in brown on light green cardstock, along with one clear impression of the grapes. Ink edges.

4. Glue title block and photo to stamped background.

5. Stamp white flowers with any small stamp and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. Adhere to layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment