Saturday, February 6, 2010

My sentiments exactly!


I like using my stamps to make cards. In fact, once upon a time, about six years ago, I "gave up"scrapbooking and took up cardmaking as a new hobby. That's when I really got into rubber stamps, and over the next five years or so, invested in quite a few. This "many thanks" stamp was one of them. I paid about $6 or $7 for it, as was true for most of my other stamps. There are a few I paid $1 for, and about three I paid $1 for the whole set.


What I like now about the acrylic stamps is you can buy a whole bunch of them, all in a related theme, usually for just under $10. To me, they stamp just as well (unless you are talking about a fine detail stamp).


Since my "giving up" scrapbooking lasted less than a year, I have amassed a lot of scrapbooking supplies over the years since. I have only purged items once, but I do love to use up scraps of paper by making cards. And I may or may not stamp on them.


I made this one with a heart punch. I only stamped the "many thanks" at the bottom. If I were buying stamps for the first time, I definitely would start with sentiment stamps. It is a quick, easy way to say "thanks," or "happy birthday" or whatever. You now can buy some collections of acrylic stamps that will give you many options, and for less than I paid for two "thank you stamps." I'll even have some of those to sell you soon, but for now check out your favorite crafts store.


Here's the directions for my card. Fold a 6 x 8 scrap of cardstock or thick pattern paper in half. Punch five hearts from a different pattern paper using the "double heart" punch from EK Success. Thread them onto a ribbon, making sure they are all the same side up, unless you used two-sided paper and want the opposite side to show as well. Glue the ends only of the ribbon to the cardstock, as this will allow the hearts to stand up somewhat, giving the card dimension. Write a personal note inside, sign and mail.


3 comments:

  1. Pretty card and glad to hear your "giving up" scrapbooking wasn't permanent! Cardmaking was my first love, but I find they work so perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great use of your punch and a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete