Sunday, January 10, 2010

My first five LOs for 2010
















Yesterday, I "finished" the first five LOs of 2010. I didn't actually start someof these LOs in 2010, in fact I may have started a few before Christmas. I believe the ones I did start in 2010 were the Coors Brewery Tour, the Table Mountain Inn and Rehearsal Night. Don was very busy on the computer all last week, and me some, trying to design the website for the online scrapbook store we will have soon. Now, we've sent it off to a web developer, so store is coming very soon.
Right now, and definitely during the first week of 2010 I was/am focusing a lot of my scrapping energy on Holly's wedding. She has been married for two months now, and I'm now "caught up" to the day before her wedding. I'm not totally a chronological scrapper, but until now I have liked to do the current photos as quickly as possible. I think it is because I have a digital camera now, even though I don't take A LOT of photos with the digital. In fact, all of these except the ones at the brewery are from my film camera.
A little bit about each photo. I use Blogger at work and should have rememberd that Blogger is going to upload the first photo you post on the bottom, and the last one you post on the top. But I didn't, so we now have to start this story at the bottom.
Welcome to Colorado - We drove, so this is what we saw when we first came to the state. I tried to do an embellishments collage next to Colorado, but I'm a little challenged on that style. I usually do simple.
Plummer School - This one is in Colorado, but it's the only one from this trip to Colorado going into the vacation album. Everything else from Colorado goes into Holly's wedding album, but this one somehow just doesn't fit in there. We have been on three vacations this year ( a trip to northern California Memorial Day weekend and another trip to Colorado in August), and now that I'm about half way through scrapping the last one, the album is already up to 50 pages. I hope it doesn't go over 60. To make sure I put the wedding-related photos in their own album.
I used HOTP "Heritage Papers" on this LO. I just bought those HOTP papers in 2008, to scrap some history-related photos from that year's trip to San Francisco. I've used them on other history-related photos since then, most recently this school. Don and I love taking pictures of things that are historical. I tied this one into my own life experience though, by journaling about the not-much-newer school where I attended first grade.
Table Mountain Inn - Where most of the out-of-town wedding guests stayed (not us.) I love the paper collection I used on this LO and the "Rehearsal Night" LO. So much embossing, metallic sheen and glitter! It's a K & CO pack I got at JoAnn's, but I think it's rare. It was there next to a Christmas line when I got it in November and I don't think it still is there. I posted a call for LOs with it on Two Peas, but no takers. Anyone who reads this blog seen another LO with it?
Coors Brewery - Just something fun the bride and groom arranged for the out-of-town guests. I've got a picture of them sitting by the glass wall as Don and I are, so I may redo the LO to include that one. I just need to figure out a way to reprint those photos on top a little smaller, and hers (which is on our shared Shutterfly account). I also haven't finished this LO because I need to add at least one more bottle cap. I never much used bottle caps when they were the popular trend a few years ago (OK a few times), but aren't they the perfect embellishment for this LO?
Rehearsal Night - I wanted to use all four of these photos, no more. Four-photo LOs are always a challenge to me. If you put them on one page, you've got a cool LO, but not much room for journaling, and my LOs are usually all about journaling. If you put them on two pages, you have A LOT of room to work with and that makes embellishing a challenge. Lately, I have more often than not opted for the single-page LO. There is so much more I could say about these photos though. Like where this restaurant was. I can't remember the name of it, but I could have found out. It's a Greek restaurant in downtown Littleton, CO. I also could have told you what Joan (my mother-in-law) and Lynn (Holly's mother) talked about. And what we talked about with Josh and Mary. There's some other stuff from that night that I don't even want to blog about so I guess I wouldn't have put it in the journaling either. Having to do with my feelings about being the stepmom. I do love Holly but I was definitely the stepmom. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment