Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Can this become a well-read food blog?

I apologize to any faithful followers (if there are any left) for how much I have neglected this blog. Maybe about a year ago or more, I had high hopes this blog would become something of a more professional blog. If I am going to make it as a well-known niche blogger, I expect it to be this niche blog (my food blog) because I actually have more expertise in cooking than I do in paper crafting (the main focus of my other blog.)

However, for the last 10 years (this month) I have been very involved in TwoPeasinabucket.com, which is one of the largest online communities for scrapbookers. I have been a scrapbooker for 12 years. So, in my (too much) leisure time, I spend a lot of time online with other scrapbookers, learning, growing in my expertise, and sharing what I know with others. That sharing is primarily through Two Peas, and now Facebook groups for two art journaling communities I belong to. But it is also somewhat through the other blog. Which means that blog is the one that is getting attention, while this one is neglected.

I had been meaning to come here for several days, because this blog is still my go to place for when I create an original recipe and need to store it somewhere where I won't lose it. If it were not my original recipe, that place would be Pinterest for online recipes, and my "cookbook organizer" for those recipes I saw in one of my cookbooks. But this recipe I will be posting (next entry now) is for a combination of two cookbook recipes. I have to put "see my blog" in the cookbook organizer.

Today, I am toying again with what it would take to make this blog into something that pays money. I realize I probably won't become a celebrity blogger, but I think I have some REAL friends who could be persuaded that this is the blog they want to read. And I think if I work hard at it, I can make it good enough that they will tell their friends. So here's to my new dream of being a food blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment