Friday, April 2, 2010

The Two Peas Crop


Tonight, for the first time, I participated in the crop Two Peas in a Bucket.com hosts every few months, always on Friday nights I normally am at a meeting of my church's small group on Friday nights, but this is Good Friday, so small group did not meet. Making things even better, I got off work at 2 p.m. this afternoon and we had a large combination lunch/dinner after that.. Normally, I'm off work at 5 p.m. and then need to make dinner when I first get home. Doesn't leave much time for me to participate in a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. crop!

In the past, I have looked at the challenges posted during the crop, then created my own layout incorporating as many as I can, at my leisure. Tonight, I did it before the crop was over (at this time, it still has about 20 minutes left.)

This is what I came up with. I am not sure I like it, but it was fun. I do like the stamped flower background.

The three challenges this time were to use a specific sketch (I've taken some liberties), stamp a background and do a layout inspired by something on Facebook or another social media. The journaling is one of my recent Facebook status updates.

6 comments:

  1. I have never done a 2 peas crop. I have been inerested though. I think the reason I haven't participated is because I don't know exactly how they work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend you give the next one a try!

    Here is how they work. They run from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Two Peas time (Central Time).

    One of the Two Peas Garden Girls posts a thread at the startingtime. In her thread, she issues a challenge. You can then try to make a LO or card based on the challenge, or you can "chat" with the other scrapbookers who post to the thread. Or a combination of both. (Just like at a crop, you can actually crop or you can chat.)

    On the next hour, another Garden Girl posts a challenge. On the third hour, yet another one does so. You do not have to make your project fit all three challenges, that was just something crazy I did.

    The fourth hour, which is 10 p.m. to 11 p.m on Two Peas time and 11 p.m. to midnight on the East Coast, is strictly "chat."

    Garden Girls also post additional challenges on the half hour. I did not participate in these, but they looked like fun too.

    I don't know when I personally will be able to particpate in the Two Peas crop again. That starting time, which here on the West Coast is 5 p.m., usually presents yet another problem, as even if I weren't going to small group afterwards, I would still need to spend a good deal of the crop time getting home from my job that ends at 5 p.m., and then cooking dinner.

    But, on Good Friday I got off early, had a very late lunch with my husband, and got home just in time to do all four hours of the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you won the card set on my blog. Please email me your information so that I can get it in the mail.

    CONGRATS!!
    Tanya
    britanya94@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the layout! I found you on two peas and I would love for you to check out my blog:

    Melissa
    http://burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ellen! So cool that you got to participate in a Two Peas Crop! Congratulations again on winning my Make Your Own Background Winterfest challenge. Your winning card is posted on my blog at: http://www.gaalcreative.com/2011/03/16/marchs-challenge-winner-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love 2peas, thanks for explaining the challenge and your layout is lovely.

    ReplyDelete